Minutes – 4 November 2019



Date & Time: 4 November 2019 at 18.30 – 20.30 hours


Location: Loudwater Combined School, School Way, Kingsmead Road, Loudwater, High Wycombe, Bucks HP11 1JJ







Paul Randall (Chair), Anne Sheddick (Vice Chair), Jo Pearce (Treasurer),

Maggi Bull, Joanne Marchant,  Peter Lerner, Bernadette Allison (Secretary)


Gwyneth Langley, Tomas Pukalski



Agenda Subject







Apologies for absence



As above




Notification of any other business


  • Consultative Board


  • NGA


  • Providers’ Meeting





Declaration of interest



None related to the agenda




Approval of minutes from the meeting held on 15 October 2019



Minutes approved.











As this is the final meeting before our AGM it was necessary to finalise the organisation and structure of the website before it goes live for the AGM on 27.11.19.


TP had requested we call him so he was able to be part of the discussion.



It was decided with TP that the most helpful way for him to be able to complete the set up would be to create a new word/excel document. This document would then list sections within the website and content which is felt appropriate at present.


Content to sections can then be updated/modified on an on-going basis when the website is live.


JP created the document and the group discussed extensively what was felt to be relevant to each area.

JP will finalise this document and then send to TP as soon as possible.


AS and MB to send their profiles directly to TP so they can also be included on the website.


The group thanked TP again for all his work related to the website.


The final proof reading of the website will be completed by PR and JM.












































Final arrangements for the AGM were discussed.


AGM agenda was agreed.


At present, attendance numbers are at around 100. The venue will be able to accommodate this number with tiered seating.


MB will follow up and finalise:


·      insurance cover for the event venue

·      refreshments (tea, coffee, water and biscuits)

·      IT facilities including Public Address system (PA)


AS will send a reminder with parking details via Eventbrite to AGM delegates.


AS will have signing in sheet for attendees on the evening.


AS will arrange for a thank you gift for the speaker which will be able to be presented to him on the evening.































BCC communications


PR is still waiting for follow up from his last communication with BCC.


BASG feels it is vital to have a two-way communication with BCC in order to:


  • “…support and develop governance throughout the authority


  • support and challenge to Buckinghamshire County Council…”


as stated in BASG Constitution.


The group decided that at our next BASG Executive meeting on 10.12.19 we would decide “Where are we now” with this.


Action points arising from the Governors’ Consultative Board of 18.9.19 was provided to the group.


The next School Governance Consultative Board meeting on 11.12.19 will follow up on outstanding action points.











Education Inspection Framework (EIF)


The new EIF as of September 2019 was discussed in relation to governors’ involvement in the process.


The EIF report is now a great deal shorter and it is not required to have reference to governance. However, it is still possible that in some reports a comment on governance may be included in the written report.


The group was reminded that the NGA has asked for feedback from governors who have been part of the new EIF.













Consultative Board – as Agenda item 7


(The next School Governance Consultative Board meeting on 11.12.19, will follow up on outstanding action points).



The group felt that the NGA 2019 manifesto was an excellent document and should be flagged up to colleagues.


Providers’ Meeting

The date for this meeting has been changed to 2.12.19 at 16.30-18.00 at Green Park.

Communication for this is still to be circulated from BCC.











Date and venue of next meeting


27.11.19 – AGM at St Michael’s Catholic School


10.12.19 – Venue to be confirmed









Meeting finished at 20.50