Monitoring priorities for governing boards during partial school closures
Updated 8 January 2021
Given the challenges schools are responding to, governing boards should continue to balance their responsibility to hold leaders to account with providing much needed support. This information sheet compiles the monitoring priorities that we recommend governing boards pay particular attention to at this time.
Monitoring priorities covered in this information sheet include:
- Risk management and safeguarding
- Wellbeing across the school community
- Providing remote education
- Maintaining the curriculum and continuity of learning for all pupils
- Support to reduce the impact of lockdown on disadvantaged pupils
- Resource allocation and management
- Asymptomatic COVID-19 testing for all pupils and staff
The Department for Education (DfE) have updated their guidance Actions for schools during the coronavirus outbreak, detailing what all schools will need to do from the start of the autumn term.