Governors’ Network Meeting – Saturday 8 February 2020
15 governors from a range of schools across Wycombe, Chiltern and South Bucks gathered for a successful network meeting on Saturday 8 February 2020. The meeting was attended by the Head of Equalities and School Improvement at Bucks County Council, who contributed to discussion on the following topics:
- OFSTED – new framework – inspection feedback
- School improvement support, including Side by Side
- Schools Funding
- LA Liaison, partnership and communications
- Governor training
- Governor and teacher recruitment
- Ofsted complaints handling
All governors completed a feedback form recording issues and concerns and BASG committee members will take forward a number of actions to feed into the School Governance Consultative Board and the Side by Side Reference Group, as appropriate.
Date of next meeting: 13 June 2020, 9:30 am at Jordans Quaker Meeting House.