Sticks and Stones may Break your Bones but Words can Really Change You
Sticks and Stones may Break your Bones but Words can Really Change You: The centrality of disciplinary literacy to effective curriculum design and delivery
We are extremely pleased to announce our keynote speaker at the Side by Side literacy conference on Friday 3rd December is Matt Bromley.
Matt is an education writer and advisor with over twenty years’ experience in teaching and leadership including as a secondary school headteacher and principal, FE college vice principal, and MAT director. He is a public speaker, trainer, and school improvement lead, and a primary school governor. He remains a practising teacher, currently working in secondary, FE and HE settings.
In this session Matt will explore:
- The principles of effective curriculum design
- How to use the curriculum to tackle social justice issues
- How to build cultural capital through disciplinary literacy
- The importance of curriculum continuity and collaborative planning
- The features of effective primary-to-secondary transition
- How to close the gap for disadvantaged pupils
This conference is free and open to Headteachers, Literacy Leads, Senior Leaders and Subject Leaders. It will be conducted via Teams and the link will be sent to those registered closer to the day. The conference will begin at 1pm and end at 3pm.
To book your place please visit the Eventbrite page HERE
Equalities and School Improvement Manager